Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Important Things



With each bit of time that passes, I find my mind more and more fixed on the important things. I know we never stop learning and growing in life and I am so grateful for that, but I have managed to hold on to a few lessons here and there.

Over the years I have learned:

Not to judge. You never know what is going on in the lives of others.

To forgive. How can I expect to be forgiven if I choose to hold on to things and not forgive, myself?

To love unconditionally. God loves me and He asks me to do the same in return.

Be positive. It takes so much more energy to be negative.

Look for the good. In a world that is as troubled as ours has become, this can be a hard thing to do, but it can be done.

Be grateful. No matter what I am going through, I try to remind myself that things can always be worse.

I am privileged to speak to groups occasionally. Several years ago I had the opportunity to speak to a group of women who were overcoming drug addiction. What a marvelous opportunity that was! What an amazing group of women! They varied in ages and ethnic background, but I understood them, because I was once where they are, and though they have all been through many things and I can't possibly understand how they feel personally, I can definitely relate and empathize. Visiting with these beautiful women helped to renew my surety that it is never too late to change, and with God's help, we can overcome anything. It also
strengthened my conviction that we are here to live the best we can and be happy. We don't judge one another, we help one another.
Since that time, God has blessed me with many opportunities to share messages of hope and he has been keeping me busy lately. I occasionally speak to troubled youth as well, and I always come away feeling uplifted, grateful, and full of love for them and hope for their future.

This life is so short. I see that now more than I ever could before, and eternal things are ringing more true. I guess that's what comes with settling comfortably in my middle age years. The world is moving at a faster pace. My children grew up before I could blink. I see another line or two around my eyes when I smile now and a few more gray hairs highlighting the black. But you know what? It's okay. This is the way things are supposed to be. And I wouldn't change any of it.
I love the life that God has given me. I hope you can see the good in yours as well, and I hope we can all remember to fix our minds on the important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment