Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, May 21, 2017

This I Do Know


"How might we have joy in our lives, despite all that we may face? Again, from the scriptures: ‘Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.’” ~Thomas S. Monson

For some, this is a time of great spiritual awakening, while others become lost in the trials and
mounting adversities of life, of which none of us escape.
I don't know much. I have no new and exciting words of hope or encouragement. I simply have these . . . because this is what I do know, and for me, this knowledge becomes more sure with each day that passes:
Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God, the Savior and Redeemer of this world. He is our Lord and Master - He is MY Lord and Master! He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Creator of worlds without number. How deeply and humbly blessed I feel for my little place in His world! Because of His atoning sacrifice, I can be forgiven, and you can be forgiven.
I feel the Lord's mercy in my life every single day without fail. I feel His love for me, and I know He knows my name. I don't just believe this, I KNOW!
At times like now, when struggling with an illness seems endless, I am more comforted by this truth than I can put into words. I'm actually teary thinking about how much joy this knowledge brings me. I wish I could share it with you. I wish I could find the words to express the hope, and the love, that accompanies such joy.

I wish it for all of us.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment