Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, February 11, 2018

God's Blueprint



This morning I have been deeply pondering this journey we call life. At the beginning of one of my books, I wrote this thought:
“Detours on the path add new dimensions to the experience, but some roads are better left untraveled. Of course, in the end, the journey is as important as the destination.”

When I ponder on this life (which I have been doing a LOT lately,) I think about my place in this world and wonder about God’s plan for me. I wish I could see my
personal blueprint–I wish I could glimpse the Father’s full itinerary for me, as well as the outcome, that I might adjust my actions, and my heart, accordingly. A blueprint is far more detailed than a plan, and details are important when it comes to so many things.
Sometimes the desire to please the Lords burns in me so much, I want to weep–but is a comforting weeping, not a sad one. Well, maybe a little sad because I long to see the face of my Savior, to know I’m following the eternal blueprint that Heavenly Father, in His loving way, personally designed just for me.

I know that my journey through this life has been just as important as the eternal destination I desire to reach with every fiber of my being. I know the lessons learned are priceless and more important than I can possibly comprehend.

Each week, I get to serve and associate with amazing brothers and sisters in Christ who are on the same journey, trying to make it to the same destination, but traveling different paths, longing to glimpse God’s personal blueprint for them as well. As I serve in the Lord’s house with these like-minded souls, there is a oneness present, a love and a bond that should always be present among the Lord’s people. Through that bond of love, I feel my Father’s love, and my Savior’s love. And I long to share Their love with the world. I guess in small ways, God does help me to do that, but in my heart, I wish I could do so much more.

So, with the Lord’s help, I will continue on in the pursuit of knowing God’s
blueprinted plan for me and strive to follow it. I just have to make sure Satan doesn’t tiptoe in with his enormous lead pencil and scribble on, or attempt to change the plans. He always tries and does succeed every now and again, but the Lord is always standing next to me with an industrial-sized eraser, so that at the end of the day, the blueprint is clean and new again.
And so is with all of us. May we all search out the Father’s personal blueprint for each of us and adjust our hearts and lives on the journey, that we may reach the destination He’s had planned for us from the very beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment