Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Keeping Promises

This morning while praying, I had a humbling experience.
My life is usually pretty busy for the most part, but I made a promise to the Lord some time ago that I would devote some time to Him each day, time for pondering and deep prayer.
Well, between preparing for our daughter's wedding, starting our business (which has included doing some remodeling,) and everything else I have to do, I let my busyness cut into the Lord's time. I still prayed and studied, but it had become hurried. In this, I broke my promise to the Lord, placing Him behind other things.

This morning, the Lord reminded me of this. And the realization of my sin hurt because of how much He has blessed my life.

I apologized to Him and asked Him to forgive me, and I renewed my promise, knowing with
certainty that as long as I keep my word, He will keep His.
I won't ever break it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment