Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Continuing Battle

There is a prayer I repeat constantly, each and every day throughout the day:
"Father, please help me to let virtue, righteousness and holiness garnish my thoughts, my mind, and my heart unceasingly. Please fill me with the pure love of Christ." Many times I fall asleep with this quest, and sometimes I wake up with it in my mind. I repeat it over and over, and though my thoughts stray here and there, they always returns to this plea, and that helps me to refocus.

Mastering our thoughts is sometimes very hard to do in a world that bombards our spirits with evil left and right. Sometimes I want to cover my eyes and plug my ears or, better yet, stay in my house and shut out the world. And while I know I can't do that literally (because there would be no spiritual growth,) I can always work on mentally and emotionally shutting those things away by avoiding the very appearance of evil. This is what the Lord asks of us and it is no small thing.
The following anonymous quote bears great truths:
"The enemy is not after your money or stuff. He wants your mind. Your attitude. Your heart.Your faith. Your peace. Understand that you're not being attacked over tangible things in your life. The enemy is fighting you over the things you can't see."

In other words, this is spiritual warfare in its most aggressive form, and keeping our thoughts focused on worldly things instead of the things of God is a powerful weapon that Satan uses over and over. That's why it is so important to bind Satan in our hearts and homes, to keep him from having power over us.
This is my goal. I pray that it will be yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment