Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Savior's Promises

“On that very night, the night of the greatest suffering that has ever taken place in the world or that ever will take place, the Savior said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you... Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27) I submit to
you, that may be one of the Savior's commandments that is, even in the hearts of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to this invitation could be any more grievous to the Lord's merciful heart.”~Jeffrey R. Holland

I've been pondering this quote, and in my pondering, I have discovered a truth that brought a sense of guilt and a firm resolve to heed the Lord's counsel and believe His promises. The Lord never makes a promise without fulfilling it, providing that we do our part.

Something to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment