Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, December 29, 2019

What If . . .

I believe that the spirit world (the world of the deceased) is very close, and is in fact, all around us. I believe our departed loved ones watch what we do and hear what we say. Because of this, I believe they cheer us on when we are doing what is right, sorrow for us when we sin, and offer us what comfort they can when we are sad, distraught, hurting, or sorrowing ourselves, which testifies of just how much they depend on us to live the best life we can. They, too, are affected by our choices here in mortality.
That being the case, I do know with certainty that the Lord is always present in His holy temples, and I believe He even visits His church houses from time to time. I am sure that He is sometimes saddened by the things He witnesses. He also rejoices over the righteous desires and actions of His people. Thinking of the Savior being present and witnessing the things I do makes me want to never do anything to grieve Him. However, knowing He is near to catch me when I do fall and place me back on the path to Him is what gives me joy during times of repentance.
So, on this line of thinking, what would we change in our lives to be able to stand in front of the Savior and not cower before Him?
It's definitely worth thinking about.
Happy Sabbath!


No comments:

Post a Comment