Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Strength to Weather the Storm

Today's experience is from Nicole Green.

I have metal rods in my back from scoliosis surgery when I was 16, and at the time of surgery, I found that I have a rare platelet disorder where my blood doesn’t clot as quickly as it should. I was told that I would be fine to have children, but then learned after pregnancy that an epidural was not an option. This wouldn’t have been that big of a deal, but my first baby weighed 9 lbs. 11 oz.! Luckily, my second was a little smaller.
While pregnant with my third, I remember suddenly being so terrified of going through it all again. I remember praying very hard for Heavenly Father’s help. It seemed silly because I knew that I could tough it out, but I also knew that He was mindful of my fears. The doctors had been running a study on my blood, and suddenly for a very brief time, my blood tests were normal. The head anesthesiologist felt comfortable giving me a half-medicated epidural, and I knew that this was an answer to my prayers.
I believe that our Heavenly Father wants to help us endure our trials, and though he can’t always take them away totally, He can give us the strength to weather the storm if we simply ask.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment