Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Monday, January 12, 2015

Trials Are a Part of Life

Like everyone else in the world, my life has been full of trials - some big and some small - major
trials and minor everyday oppositions that come with living on this earth. Financially, there were days in the early part of our marriage when my husband and I wondered how we would make it from one week to the next.

One trial in particular was when we had only been married for a little over a month. My husband had a job in Salt Lake City that barely paid enough to cover the rent and a few other bills. I was waiting for court-appointed child support from my ex that was behind. It was only $52.00 a week, but that small amount of money is what we counted on for groceries. Because the payments were behind, we were down to a can of tuna and a box of rice, and to top it off, I was pregnant with a honeymoon baby and was so sick, I couldn't stomach our meager meal. We honestly did not know what we were going to do. All we could do was pray, so we did.

Then a child support check came, and another, and another. We were blessed and were able to feed our two boys.
The next month we moved down to Cedar City and stayed with my in-laws for a short period until my husband found a job that paid enough for us to get a place of our own. Sadly, during this time, I lost the baby, but six months later I became pregnant again. A year later, loans and grants fell into place and my husband moved us to Winter Park, Florida where he went to recording school and earned his audio engineering degree in a year.

Life was hard and we continued to struggle. And though changes came and things slowly improved, the trials were always there. There were many other times that we worried about feeding our family and paying the bills, but we always made it through with God's help, and each trial only served to bring us closer to the Lord and to each other.

No matter how alone we feel during the tough times, we are never really alone. The Father is always there and the Savior's arms are always outstretched, waiting for us to take His hand, enter His warm embrace, and accept His comfort. And though trials will always be a part of life, His comforting presence will be as well. It is a gift that is always available if we will only receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment