Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Do-Overs

"Detours on the path add new dimensions to the experience, but some roads are better left untraveled.
Of course, in the end, the journey is as important as the destination." Quote from The Journey

I have been asked so many times if I would change anything in my life if I could go back - if I could avoid all
the pain inflicted, and all the poor choices that came afterward, and still wind up where I am now, would I change it. Once upon a time I thought I would. But avoiding the pain would have been missing out on the acquisition of growth and strength. Going back and changing the choices is kind of a toss up; though it would take away all the lessons learned from the consequences, hindsight can be a painful thing as well.

Yet when I look back on the journey, I am awed and amazed by the Savior's love, and moved to tears to witnessed the evidence of His presence in many parts of the journey. During the darkest and bleakest times, He was always there just beyond the wall of mist and fog, holding up a lamp, waiting for me to make my way toward that light. Going back and changing the slightest thing might possibly weaken eyes that had been made stronger over the years and I might have missed seeing the light, remaining trapped in a world of darkness because I couldn't recognize the saving light being extended to me.

So would I change anything if I could go back?
Absolutely not.
The Savior mends broken things when He is allowed to, taking away the need for any do-overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment