Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Joy in Trials

I've learned that when we go through trials and dark times, we aren't meant to stay in them, neither do we make ourselves comfortable and allow the times to drag us lower. We look to the Lord's light and let that light guide us through. It is so easy to give in to the temptation to stay down in our misery, but that isn't what God wants for us. As one of our church leaders reiterated today, the Lord wants us to find joy in our trials and tribulations. And the best way to find that joy is by looking outside ourselves and our trials and serving others.
Many times when I have a down day, I bake and take a treat to a neighbor. Believe me, it does help to lift my spirit. (And neighbors, please don't start hoping I have more down days just so your chances of getting a treat increase:-))
The Lord wants us to have joy, and He is there to help us have joy. He won't remove our burdens, but He will make them light.. There is joy in that knowledge alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment