Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, December 11, 2016

What We Choose to Become

Something I have repeatedly tried to impress is the importance of choice. I am constantly saying that every single choice we make in this life affects someone or something - every single choice, no matter how
seemingly minor. Many think our choices mean nothing to no one but us, but that thinking could not be more wrong. Because even when we think we are only hurting ourselves with our actions, we are mistaken. We may think our life is our own, but it is not. It never was.
I have discovered that my choices not only affect my future but the future of others in some way, especially my family and others I am close to. Yes, everyone has their agency and nothing I do can control another person, but I know that my words, actions, and even my thoughts, make a difference and can affect others for good or ill. They also make a difference in me and what I will become.
May we all be conscious of our agency, and allow our choices to lead us along the path that will take us to a place in our lives where we become the heavenly beings we were before we came here.
And remember, we never have to travel that path alone. The Lord is always a most willing companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment