Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Lifted Up

"Having descended beneath it all, Jesus Christ is perfectly positioned to lift us and give us the strength we need to endure our afflictions." ~Dallin H. Oaks

I can testify to the truthfulness of those words, for Christ found me in the gutter of misery years ago, lost, broken, and devoid of hope. I had been buried deep in the depths of despair, my body and soul stained, the light smothered in darkness. I was the most wretched of creatures, my face hidden, unable to bear the least bit of genuine goodness because I felt so unworthy of it.

But then the Savior found me. He was able to see the light others could not, and He reached down and lifted me from the dark pit and raised me to higher ground. Me, a soul so rebellious, proud, soiled, and broken. Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord, was able to lift me because He had descended beneath all things, and He understood. He understood ME! And though I am still a sinner and not yet worthy to stand in His presence, I hope I someday I will be worthy enough, and I will never turn my back on the precious gift He gave me, and continues to give me.

I will praise My Father and my Savior all my days. I will tearfully thank Them each and every day for the wondrous gift that is my life. Oh, how blessed I am! How blessed I am to be living in such an
amazing time - such a great and terrible time! How blessed I am to have an amazing man by my side to walk through the triumphs and coming trials with me, and to know he loves the Lord as much as I do!
How grateful I am to have been brought to this point in my life that I know with every fiber of my being that my Lord and my God, as well as some of the hosts of heaven are with me, and that I am never alone!
Every new day brings sanctifying and purifying experiences. I will be grateful for them and never
wish them away, I will simply look to my Savior to help me through them. My heart is full.

The separation of the wheat and the tares has been a long process, as well as the harvesting. Now the harvesting is fast coming to a close. A change is coming. Can you feel it?
I can feel it! And I glory in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment