Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Feeling Joyful

This morning, I have been pondering how much I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father. I have been the recipient of some truly glorious spiritual experiences lately - experiences that are hard to put into words. Because of this, I find myself praising my Father throughout the day every day, and even that doesn't truly convey what I feel.

Because of my Lord, I have been blessed with many "Ammon" moments, and lately those moments have increased in intensity. I glory in my God unto boasting of Him because of the many miracles He has performed in my life. Because He rescued me so long ago, and because His Son atoned for my wretchedness, I am able to still be here, whole of spirit, and able to sing His praises and share His word. Sometimes I am filled with so much joy, the tears just come in a rush. I am awed that He would rescue ME - a soul so rebellious and proud - and bestow upon me so much mercy and grace that even during these times of trial, I am warmed and comforted by the surety of His love.

Like Ammon in The Book of Mormon, my heart cries, "Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever. I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things;" (Alma 26: 8, 11-12)

I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment