Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Hard Knocks of Life

This comic just made me smile and then snort, but it was a happy snort. While many probably share the sentiments of the screw, I have adopted the attitude of the nail. Each time life hits me with
something and I survive it, man, do I feel stronger because of it! I learned long ago that it is all in the attitude. Sure, I still have my down moments, but I don't let myself stay down.
That is the key.
God wants us to looks on the hard knocks of life as teaching and refining moments. Depending on our obedience, they can be part of the all-important, slow sanctification process that we should all be moving toward.
I don't pray for trials, but I do pray for an increase and strengthening of my faith, which inevitably brings trials. But that's okay.
Life is a university of spiritual preparation that seems so long to us, but is just a blink when compared to eternity. I don't know about you, but I would rather take advantage of this time of steady internalization and study of the important things than wait until the last few minutes and try to cram for the final. In this instance, I don't think that will work out well.
Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment