Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Gratitude for the Lord's Holy House

I love traveling with my husband for work, and today my daughter, Bailey, and I attended the Meridian, Idaho temple dedication, and we were privileged to actually be in one of the rooms inside the temple where President Uchtdorf and his sweet wife, Harriet, popped in to say hello to everyone. I think his contagious smile warmed
everyone in the room.  How grateful I am whenever I am able to participate in such a sacred occasion. How grateful I am for all the holy houses of the Lord dotting countries around the world. Heavenly Father truly has blessed His children, and the Lord rejoices when we attend His holy houses as often as possible.

We are urged to stand in holy places and be not moved, and though the temple is a most-holy place, holiness can be with us no matter where we are. Holiness can dwell within each of us when we live holy and righteous lives. We are commanded to be perfect, and of course, most of us are not, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be.
When we are truly striving to live a Christ-like life and trying with everything in us to be obedient to the Lord's commandments, living His gospel to the best of our ability, and looking to the Savior in all things, wherever we are will be a holy place because we will carry that holiness within us.

This is what I long for, and with the Lord's help, one day I will get there. And so will you:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment