Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Our Calling

"Today, move away from anything ungodly that is hindering your calling." ~Jonathan Cahn

As children of God, we are taught that we are partakers of a heavenly calling, but many times we forget that there are two parts to a calling - and in order to get to our calling, we must move away from something else. Even though we can't see the full picture or where we will end up in the Lord's calling for us, we CAN see what we need to move away from to get to where the Lord wants us. He
shows us those things for a reason. He does not want anything hindering us from His plans for us, and many times that means moving away from something good or better and on to the best things.

Many fans of my stories have asked when I will be writing more books and my answer is always the same: After years of writing inspirational romance, the Lord shifted my focus and called me another way, and though I shared messages of God's love through those stories, the time came when He wanted my mind and heart completely focused on Him, thereby taking me away from good and better things and shifting my focus onto the best. But this is just me; there is absolutely nothing wrong with good things or better things that put us on the path to God. It is about where the Lord wants us and where He leads us in His time, and it is about our hearts being open and in tune enough to be lead by Him. I still write a story here and there when prompted, but only when prompted.

As I have said many times before, I pray daily for the Lord to help me become the righteous, virtuous, holy woman He would have me be - to remember and become the woman I was before I came to this earth. I know that in order to be righteous, I must avoid unrighteous things. To be holy, I must avoid unholy things. To be virtuous, I must stay away from things that are without virtue. I must strive to be as the Savior is.

Jonathan Cahn said, "You are called to glory - that's the "to" of your call. The glory doesn't start when you get "to" where you're going, but when you come away "from" the old life. So start with the "from" and God will take care of the "to."
I'm still on my way "To" but the Lord is still walking that path with me, and He never lets go of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment