Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Forgive Yourself

No many how many times  I write, post, and pray to help others understand about forgiving, allowing
ourselves to be forgiven and moving on, there are still so many precious souls who can't seem to let go of past mistakes- not the mistakes of others, but their own. They can't seem to allow themselves to be forgiven, to let Christ's atonement work in their life. They can't seem to tear down that invisible screen Satan places between them and the Lord, blocking their view of the loving arms that are wide open, just waiting to receive them, to take the burden from them and free them of the heavy load they have tried to shoulder alone for so long.
How I wish that we could understand that each time we do this, we are basically saying to the Lord, "I don't believe You." We are not saying, "I don't believe IN You," but "I don't believe YOU." There is a difference.
I meet so many people who just can't seem to get past the past, which is a very, very, very important part of repentance and forgiveness. Believe me, I know! Like Linus with his comfort blanket, they drag it with them wherever they go- they can't seem to help it. But we need to remember that when we are dragging that blanket, there is an evil, unwanted rider onboard, and he is smiling and holding on, attempting to re-soil a blanket that had been laundered. Think about that.
I pray that we can all stay focused on the Savior and His promises, that our past may never dictate our present, or our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment