Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Sunday God

 Something I have worked on for a very long time - years actually - is living my beliefs every day,


which means worshipping God all day every day, and not relegating deep worship to Sundays only. It also means taking every opportunity placed before me to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Living the gospel is not a part-time responsibility, and we shouldn't be picking and choosing a lower level of obedience during the week and a higher level on the Sabbath. God is NOT a Sunday God. Yet how many of us treat Him as such?

The Lord, Jesus Christ doesn't just want our deep praise on Sunday only, He wants it 24/7, and with all He and the Father have done for us, that's not asking too much. It's nowhere near enough! They watch over us, care for us, and comfort us according to our needs - and righteous desires - every day of the week. God is our 24/7 God, and the Lord is our 24/7 Savior. They don't take a break in Their care for us, so why should we think we are entitled to a break from worshipping and giving praise to Them? We must draw closer to the Father and the Son all day every day. They are our Guides and the roadmap to eternal salvation. The Lord is the way through the mounting tribulations, and walking in His path will lead us back to the Father.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." ~Isaiah 12:2

This scripture describes exactly, the feelings I strive to keep in my heart at all times and in all things and in all places. And though I am a flawed human being and fail constantly, exaltation and a permanent place with my Savior is my goal and I can settle for no less. Even the thought of not obtaining that indescribable freedom pains me greatly. So I choose to stay focused.

I pray that we will also stay focused and make every day a day of worship, and always put the Lord first.

Happy Sabbath! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment