Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Hearing and Heeding the Lord

Pondering Amulek, this perfect scripture came to mind: 

“I never have known much of the ways of the Lord, and his mysteries and marvelous power. I said I never had known much of these things; but behold, I mistake, for I have seen much of his mysteries and his marvelous power; yea, even in the preservation of the lives of this people. Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know; therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart, even until the fourth day of this seventh month, which is in the tenth year of the reign of the judges. ~Alma 10: 5-6

How many times are we called by the Lord to do things that would draw us closer to Him? And how many times do we ignore that call instead of heeding it?

As I have said many times, God has a plan for each of us, and part of that plan is heeding His call. When the Lord asks us to do something, we should do it, no matter how inconvenient it may seem. If He asks us give up something, it is because He has something better for us. Our task is to recognize His voice, then go where He wants us to go, and do what He wants us to do. Because if we continue to put our own desires ahead of His desires for us, we may receive the lower reward we seek for ourselves, but we will also miss out on the higher one prepared for us - a far more glorious reward than we can imagine. And I'm not just talking material, but spiritual, which is far more important.

May we all learn to truly come to recognize the voice of the Lord in our lives. May we learn to hear Him and heed His word.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment