Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, June 5, 2016

God is Still At the Helm



As rapidly as the world is changing, I find myself no longer surprised by the evil that seems to increase by the day. But despite all the frightening things that are going on, there is still much good and we have a lot to be grateful for. I remind myself of this daily. Still, I am not asleep to the ever-growing dark dealings, and have been awakened to the events around us - events both hidden and in plain sight. And as I have increased my efforts this past week to be more spiritually prepared, I have felt my anxiety for the future slip away, being swallowed up in the assuring love of the Lord. Never in my life have I ever felt so close to Him, and I know this is only the beginning, as long as I am diligent in keeping Him in my thoughts and submitting to the Father's will, always putting Him first.


Life is meant to be enjoyed, not feared, and if we only look at the bad and wallow in it, we miss so much. We should always do what we can to fight evil and make the world better, and then remember that God is still in control and He won't leave us to deal with things alone. He never has and He never will, as long as we remain faithful, clinging to His Word with all our might, mind and strength. This is something easily forgotten at times, and something we should strive to never forget. Hope is always alive and there for the taking. We just need to open our eyes and ears to God's promptings and do our part. It is the only way we will keep it alive in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment