Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Never Cease to Pray

No matter what, prayer is the only way we can make it through trials, both big and small, both present and future trials. As I have said before, God knows what we are dealing with and what we need. He knows us inside and out, so He doesn't need to hear our prayers, but we NEED to pray. We don't pray for God's benefit, we pray for our own. As soon as our heart-felt plea begins, He is there, ready and willing to bless us.
As C.S. Lewis said, "prayer doesn't change God, it changes us," and I can testify that every prayer I utter changes me a little at a time, increasing my faith, etching even more assurance in my heart that my Father knows and hears me.
It is that assurance that keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment