Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, July 21, 2019

What Matters Most to Me

For my birthday, my family gave me a birthday/belated Mother's Day gift and I became teary as soon
as I saw it. It is a charcoal drawn portrait of the Savior and I embracing. I have seen drawings and paintings like that done, but it has always been when I've attended the viewing of a friend or acquaintance. One day I said, "I would love to have a picture like that done, but I want it done while I am alive and can enjoy it instead of after I'm gone. I want to be able to look at it and dream of the day I can be embraced by my Savior." Well, a sweet daughter-in-law was listening and coordinated with everyone else to have it done. And now, I have this priceless gift in my home to help keep my heart and my thoughts focused on eternal things, the things of Heaven.
They are having another portrait done and I'm excited about it as well. I try to surround myself with things of God because I never want to forget from where my blessings come and to Whom I can always look for safety and shelter in the times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment