Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Spiritual Blindness and Other Truths

I've spent a great deal of time this morning praying and asking the Lord what He would have me
write, begging Him to lay on my heart something I could say that would uplift and edify. Then my thoughts drifted back to last night and what was supposed to be an evening of celebration of our country's "independence." I sat out on our condo's small patio, praying and thinking as the popping of fireworks sounded near and far around me.

After heeding a prompting from the Lord to sell our house last summer, then renting a basement apartment for six months and waiting for Him to direct us where He needed us next, we were led here to our new little home. However, due to circumstances beyond our control (virus, social distancing, etc.) my husband and I haven't been able to get to know fellow church members and neighbors as much as we would like, and for a short time, we felt a little lost. We didn't know what our purpose was for being here.

We finally came to the realization that for us, this is a place of spiritual preparation. Oh, we have met a neighbor here and there and I still drop off a treat every now and then. We also minister where we can and spend time with our children and their families, but spiritual preparation has taken precedence in our life.

Everything in our world has completely changed, and contrary to popular belief, nothing will ever return to what we've known as "normal" again. It CANNOT. Yet that truth is not what the majority want to hear, and it makes me sad.
Many don't want to hear anything that does not fit in with the current narrative. Some don't want to hear about the secret combinations that are controlling the nations. No one wants to hear that we as a people have been deceived for so long, it has become a dangerous programming - a mindset that we can't seem to break out of. The majority does not want to hear that LIVES MATTER. We can't seem to grasp that God is not the author of confusion and contention, and any time contention enters a conversation, we boot God right out of it. (Think about various Facebook posts). Many don't want to be counseled to trust in God and not in the arm of flesh, because they seem to believe that a college degree, doctorate, money, power, position, or notoriety puts that man's opinion above God's. In fact, that type of faithful adulation turns these very individuals into the gods of this world. And that is on us.

But these are the things I cannot talk about, because mine is not the popular opinion, nor is anyone else's who may share it. There are far more opposing voices that scream a lot louder.

Last night as I pondered all these things, I felt so alone, but I knew that I wasn't. I kept asking, "Father, are you here? Lord, are you here?" And then I sat quietly and allowed myself to imagine Them both saying, "Yes, We are here." I felt comforted. And it is because of that comfort that I am able to share what is in my heart.

"Their eyes are glazed so they cannot see, their minds are incapable of discernment." ~Isaiah 44:18

"Spiritual blindness is just that - an unawareness of lacking discernment in things divine. Spiritually blind people don't perceive the signs of the times or what God would have them do to save their souls." ~ Avraham Gileadi

We have been told over and over to spiritually prepare ourselves and work on truly coming to know the Savior, and in no way is this a post of me calling anyone to repentance. I have enough repenting of my own to do. I just hope and pray that hearts will be softened, and that eyes and hearts will be opened, that we may all come to understand that nothing is as it seems. As I've said before, God knows all. He knows the beginning to the end, and He sees all the lies, deceptions and injustices that we do not, and He will judge accordingly. He loves us more than we know and wants to show us so many truths.
And though He allows evil to reign for this season (in as much as we allow it to), He is always one step ahead and in control. My most heartfelt desire is to be found on His side, at all times walking in His path.
I pray that I will be found worthy.
This is my prayer for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment