Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Price of Cruel Judgments

During this time of trial (which is only the beginning) I have learned something very
important. It is that everyone has a strong opinion about things that we know far less about than we think. Also, it seems that every one of us thinks that his or her opinion is of utmost important, and only our opinion is right while others are wrong, unless . . . they agree or coincide with our own somewhat.
Because of this, judgments abound, and in the process of delegating truths and errors when it comes to the narrative that is being spoon-fed to the masses, we are placing ourselves in the seat of judgment and relegating the TRUE JUDGE to the back of the FRUITFUL TREE in the pasture while we take our place in the great and spacious building, pointing our finger and laughing at those seeking shelter beneath that TREE.

Why are we doing this to each other? Why are we allowing this separation to occur among us? We are children of a King, royal sons and daughters of God, yet our actions are anything but.

Over the last few weeks, I have seen and heard things and witnessed actions among God’s people that have literally broken my heart. How far we have fallen in six months’ time! How wide the division has grown, and how deeply planted the seeds of contention have been sown! The roots as so embedded that only the Master of the Vineyard will be able to dig them up.

Oh, how I pray to never be a part of the resulting crop of tares that is plucked up and cast
out to be destroyed! And how I long to be bundled in with the precious wheat, to be safely stored up for the Master’s use. This is an endless prayer I carry inside for myself, my family, and all my brothers and sisters of every religion.
I wish with all my heart and every fiber of my being that we could all glimpse the big picture, that we could all catch the vision of the beautiful masterpiece we are a part of.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, God is not the author of contention, and as soon as we allow contention to enter our daily dealings, the Spirit leaves. Once we allow that to happen on our end, we truly don’t have anything solid to stand on to justify our reasons for giving it entrance, nor any power from the Lord when pleading our case. Whenever contention seeps into our hearts, it manifests itself in our thoughts, words, and deeds. So, in essence, the BEST thing we can do is to pluck the seeds of contention before they take root.

I have spent many a night lately crying myself to sleep and praying–crying and praying for my family, for friends, and for my fellow church members, as well as all my brothers and sisters in Christ. The time of preparation is shortening by the day, and instead of using this time to point fingers and betray our neighbors in hasty judgments and criticism, we should be anxiously engaged in spiritual preparation and doing all we can to get our ducks in a row and get right with God.
Because in the end, the opinions and judgments of man won’t matter; they never should have mattered in the first place.
If we have a heart for the Lord, it is Him and only Him, that we will look on as our judge, for He will indeed be our judge, jury, and executioner.
And I pray that the last role will not be needed in my life, or yours.
Much love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment