Queen Esther

Queen Esther
And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? ~ Esther 4:14

Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Wolf We Feed

Yesterday was one of those day when my feelings just ran the gamut, and so many questions about the state of the world and my place in it continually fired through my mind. Then last night, after spending some time opening my heart to Heavenly Father, I was blessed with the peaceful assurance that God is aware of EVERYTHING. Nothing done in secret is ever truly secret, and things done in the dark to divert, deceive and destroy will one day be brought to light.

For some of us, these latter days are - and will continue to be - days of pain, sorrow, fear, and despair. However, for those who are prepared (meaning striving to live the gospel and preparing for every needful thing, both spiritually and temporally) these are -and will- be days of refinement, wonder, joy, faith, and hope. Part of that preparation is remembering that we are not fighting against men, but against the powers of darkness, and a major way that dark power is spreading is by breeding perpetual opposition in the world and in our homes. The great division isn't just about the separation of the wheat and the tares.
In Luke 12: 52-53, we read that in the last days:
"there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."
When it comes to decisions in life, we humans usually act according to our conscience and each person's conscience is different. Something I have learned over the years is when my heart is fixed and focused on my Savior and the things of God, it is God who rules my conscience. There have been times when I've done and said things that have seared my conscience, as have we all, but as I have said many times, constant repentance is key in overcoming my weaknesses and mastering my mind and heart. It is a sometimes brutal and painful process, and it really can be exhausting, but it is oh, so worth it! The more I stay focused and the more I repent, the more I feel my Savior near and the more I can feel His influence in my life. Nothing is more important than that.
Every day at any given time, we have good and evil spirits surrounding us and accompanying us wherever we go, which is why standing in holy places at all times is so important. Right now, my most holy place is my home, because here, I am surrounded by the things of God, and I try to take those feelings with me everywhere I go. But I remind myself constantly that Satan and his minions are always ready and waiting to pierce my peaceful sanctuary, and fear, despair, and harsh feelings of any kind provide the opening that the evil one needs to enter, thereby placing the righteous ones outfield and weakening that protection.
Heavenly Father wants to bless each of His children with a wise heart and I pray for that constantly, to possess the wisdom I will need in forging ahead. But knowledge comes first, and heavenly training in how to use that knowledge (the ability to discern truth from lies) is a must. Then, depending on how we exercise our agency, wisdom is sure to follow.
With all the evil that has been - and is presently being perpetrated on human beings, I have witnessed Ephesians 6: 12 in action:
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
We have all witnessed it in one form or another. But I have learned that witnessing it is not as important as how we choose to let it affect us, and being ambivalent and dismissive is definitely not the smart way to handle it. On the contrary, adopting those attributes when it comes to evil is detrimental to our eternal salvation. Which is why it is so important to remain prayerful, especially now, because I don't know about you, but I need the Lord's influence in my life every second of the day. I will forever.
My greatest prayer for each and every one of us on this beautiful sabbath day is that we focus on faith instead of fear, hope instead of despair, and joy instead of sorrow. Yes, we need to recognize the tools of the adversary and the negativity they produce, but we shouldn't feed that spirit.
And may we not allow ourselves to be driven and tossed to and fro by the events and happenings of this world, but seek righteous and truth, and then stand firm in it, steadfast and immovable in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment